European Cockpit Association
ECA is the representative body of European professional pilots at European Union (EU) level (www.eurocockpit.be), striving for the highest level of aviation safety and fostering social rights and quality employment for pilots in Europe. We are looking to recruit a
Technical Policy Advisor
- To support, advise and proactively drive ECA’s advocacy efforts on technical aviation policy issues at EU level;
- Represent ECA and be in regular contact with the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), other EU Institutions and European aviation stakeholders;
- Manage ECA working groups and expert attendance at a wide range of external meetings, incl. facilitation of preparation, reporting and follow-up to such meetings;
- Work closely within the existing technical team, incl. the ECA Technical Board Director(s) and Member Associations; reporting to ECA Secretary General.
- University degree in aviation-related engineering, (European) law, political sciences, or equivalent; some operational flying experience / aviation background would be a distinct advantage;
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience (aviation industry, associations, EU institutions, consultancy, etc) in one/more of the following areas: aviation safety management, air operations, flight crew licensing, helicopter ops, etc;
- Good knowledge of EU Institutions (incl. EASA) and decision-making; interest in aviation;
- Strong networker with proven written/oral communication skills; self-starter and team player with an analytical mind and an eye both for detail and the broader picture;
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), French and preferably a 3rd European language.
Your application letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) should be sent to email@example.com by 17 March 2014. Interviews to take place in Week 15 at ECA offices: Rue du commerce 20-22, B-1000 Brussels.