Transnational Airlines (TNAs) with bases in more than one European country had reshuffled the employment terms & conditions for pilots. Pilots associations and unions have lost much of their bargaining and negotiations power because of airlines using 'divide & conquer' strategies among its employees and (ab)using the differences in national legal frameworks.
In an effort to rectify this, ECA has been active in facilitating communication and coordination of negotiations efforts between TNA pilots across Europe. We help pilots exchange information and stay united in their negotiations with management.
In the past years, various TNA Pilot Groups have been formed under the umbrella of ECA. Below is an overview of all active TNA Pilot Groups, which hold regular meetings. To receive all the latest updates on their work, please sign up below.
- Oldest Pilot Group at ECA, with a Protocol signed in 2006.
- easyJet currently operates under a UK, Swiss & Austrian AOC
- Main players: VNV, SNPL, SEPLA, ANPAC, SPAC, BALPA, VC (Verdi), AEROPERS (ESPA)
- Coming up: ePG website
- Set up in 2017
- Wet-leasing company for major legacy carriers such as SAS, KLM, Air France, Brussels Airlines. City Jet operates under Irish AOC
- Main ECA Members involved : SWE, Finland, DK, BeCA, IALPA
- Created 2017 following the launch of the Irish AOC
- Main players: BALPA, SEPLA, 2 Norwegian associations, DPF, SPF
- Protocol to be signed in 2018
Main players BALPA and DK
The Ryanair Transnational Pilot Group (RTPG) is the collective voice of Ryanair Company Councils, supported by their national pilot associations.Together they progress strategies to achieve the interests of Ryanair pilots throughout Europe.